Who is the true alternative to Iran’s mullahs ?
Who is the alternative to Iran’s mollas ? Following the ongoing Dec/Jan protests aimed at bringing freedom for Iran’s suffering people, there are two vital issues at hand:
- Overthrowing the mullahs’ dictatorship
- The alternative to this regime
The more we trek forward, the question of who is this regime’s alternative becomes all the more imperative. In such sensitive circumstances it is quite natural to see many parties claiming to be the alternative to Tehran’s mullahs.
It is also natural that all groups and individuals, associated or non-associated to a third party, those willing to sacrifice and opportunists seeking to jump at the opportunity, are surfacing and claiming to be patriotic in nature and opposing the ruling apparatus.
This resembles the end of winter and the arrival spring, bringing about the birth of plants. Alongside flowers, however, we also witness the growth of weeds. Next to flowers we see tall and powerful trees full of leaves and blossoms.
When the air speaks of a revolution and change, there are many parties seen rising from their sleep ready to hijack the ruling state, and willing to resort to any and all deceptive measure necessary.
They begin to claim of having a long struggle history against the ruling regime, forging records of years in jail and enduring torture.
Worst of all, through demonizing propaganda, they begin to hinder the efforts of truly democratic entities seeking to bring about real change.
In such circumstances, the question is who is the true alternative to Iran’s regime?
The history of revolutions across the globe provide the following realities:
Iran’s Opposition Movement Offers Viable Alternative
1) An alternative organ has members willing to sacrifice their all, and its enmity against the ruling regime is crystal clear for all parties.
This entity, involved in a continuous war against the enemy, has seen many of its members lose their lives fighting for their people.
This entity also has seen many of its members imprisoned by different regimes ruling their country. These prisoners are resilient in the face of torture and harsh conditions, leading to their execution.
This entity has complete faith in its objective, being freedom for its people.
2) This has roots in its nation and has risen for their cause.
3) This alternative has access and relies on popular sources for its intelligence.
When the enemy launches massive clampdowns, this alternative’s roots amongst the people allows it to obtain intelligence from the ruling regime and expose their true nature to the outside world.
For example, the revelations made by the Iranian opposition People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) regarding the Iranian regime’s clandestine nuclear program.
4) A true alternative should not be associated to any foreign power. It must be independent to the very meaning of the world and especially rely financially on its people and supporters.
5) This alternative must have a strong, democratic organization.
6) This alternative must have a specific leadership established around the cause of opposing the ruling regime and through the years proving its honesty and competence.
The leadership must be fully involved in the struggle against the ruling dictatorship, paying the very price of all the sufferings.
7) This alternative must represent people from all walks of life in society and focus its efforts to establish a democratic state.
8) This alternative must be recognized on a global scale and establish this recognition through years of struggle.
Who is Maryam Rajavi?
The Iranian Diaspora is planning to hold its annual convention on June 30th in Paris to express their support for democratic change in Iran.
Visit this page for more information about the Iranian opposition convention.