Solidarity with the uprising in Iran
Thousands of detained protesters face execution
251 people killed, 3,500 wounded and 7,000 arrested
Saturday November 23, 2019 – 1400 CET
18th March Square – Brandenburg Gate – Berlin
Protesters call on the EU, US and UN:
- to support the citizens’ demands
- to condemn the brutal use of force by the regime against the demonstrators.
- to allow the demonstrators access to free Internet.
The demonstrators also call on the German federal government to put pressure on the Tehran regime to achieve the following:
· Immediate, unconditional release of all detained protesters
· Independent, impartial investigations into the above-mentioned deaths and motives for the arrests of demonstrations,
· guarantee the right to freedom of expression and the right of assembly in accordance with the provisions of the UN International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights as a party to the Convention;
· Grant access to the country to the UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights in Iran.