Rebellious young Iranians have been targeting the regime’s repressive centers recently, in order to protest the mullahs’ illegitimate rule.
On September 30, 2020, they attacked the front gate of Khavaran general court in Tehran province. This attack was in response to a court order to evict impoverished people from the makeshift buildings. They call home with no plans to stop these people from ending up on the streets.
This regime has recently increased repression of the Iranian people in order to stop them from coming out into the streets to protest.
The repression of political prisoners, which has included long prison terms, torture, and executions of protesters, was especially violent.
The actions of these young people show that the regime’s efforts to control the protests have not worked at all and that the young people still overwhelmingly desire the overthrow of the regime.
Other places targeted recently by the brave youth of Iran, include:
- The Shiraaz court that issued the death sentence for wrestling champion and protester Navid Afkari,
- The entrance of a Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) Basij base in Isfahan
- A centre for the spread of fundamentalism n Isfahan, which is used to spy on locals and enforce the mullahs’ teachings
- The entrance gate of a Basij base in Javidnia
- The headquarters of a Basij “women’s unit” in Karaj, which is known for punishing “bad hijab”, as well as protests by women
- Another Basij base in Karaj
They also set fire to many regime posters and banners across the country, including a banner celebrating the Iran-Iraq war in Iranshahr, a large poster of supreme leader Ali Khamenei in Karaj, a poster of Khamenei in Shar-e Ray, and a poster of now-dead Quds Force commander Qassem Soleimani.
Meanwhile, the Iranian Resistance Units continued to spread the call for regime overthrow, by putting up posters of Resistance leaders Massoud and Maryam Rajavi with their slogans and quotes from the 10-point plan for a free Iran. This includes:
- “The November 2019 uprising proved the only way to freedom is to revolt”
- “Democracy, freedom, with Maryam Rajavi”
- “No to the mullahs, No to the Shah, yes to the [Resistance]”
- “The IRGC is the perpetrator of all crimes”
- “The mullahs are the main cause of the coronavirus outbreak”
Regime officials have even been forced to publically respond to the issue on national television and defend the IRGC from the criticism.