The internal network of the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK), commonly known as the Resistance Units, called for the Iranian people to undertake various activities across the country next month to mark the one-year anniversary of the nationwide November 2019 uprisings and commemorate the martyrs who fell for freedom.
They have named November 15, 2019, which was the start of the protests over the tripling in fuel prices, as a “national day of commemoration in Iran’s history”.
Within just a few days of the start of the uprising, the regime’s forces had shot dead 1,500 protesters in the streets, while thousands more were injured or arrested or both. But this has not stopped the Resistance Units and the people from coming out in full force, keeping alive the spirit of the protests, which is the overthrow of the regime.
The MEK Resistance Units have also installed posters of Iranian Resistance leaders Massoud and Maryam Rajavi, featuring slogans about regime change and democracy, in Tehran, Kerman, Urmia, Saveh, Karaj, Nishapur, Ahvaz, Qom, Shiraz, Isfahan, Eslamshahr, Rasht, Doroud, Saqqez, Hamadan, Mashhad, and Lahijan.
Some of the slogans included:
- “Democracy and freedom with Maryam Rajavi”
- “We will overthrow the regime of the mullahs in its entirety”
- “In the name of the martyrs of the November 2019 nationwide protests, 80 million Iranians are ready to revolt, we are all together and this will be the last protest”
- “We will overthrow the regime and take back Iran”
- “We can and we must overthrow the dictator”
- “Be prepared for the anniversary of the November 2019 uprising which is a national day of commemoration in Iran’s history”
- “November 15 is a national day of commemoration in Iran’s history”
- “Freedom and victory are in our reach”
- “Down with [Supreme Leader Ali] Khamenei, hail to Maryam Rajavi”
Meanwhile, in Tehran, Mashhad, Kazeroun, Kerman, and Rasht, the defiant young people attacked sites belonging to the regime’s suppressive forces, including several regime centres focusing on the spread of fundamentalism in Tehran, Kerman, and Kazeroun, two bases of the Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) in Mashhad, and propaganda banners in Tehran and Rasht.
This was extremely brave of the youth, especially those in Tehran because the regime has intensified its repressive measures and sent out more suppressive forces onto the streets. Over the past week, the youth have been especially targeting courts that issue death sentences for arrested protesters.