MEK Resistance Units, which is the network of the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) inside Iran, has for the past few days been organizing a massive anti-regime campaign that calls for the overthrow of the mullahs, despite increased repression and arrests by the regime.
Also, the Resistance Units bravely put up posters of Iranian Resistance leaders Massoud and Maryam Rajavi displaying their slogans and messages in various cities. Cities including: Tehran, Mashhad, Shiraz, Isfahan, Tus, Kermanshah, Urmia, Ahvaz, Sardasht, Eslamshahr, Esfarayen, Qazvin, Karaj, Kerman, Bandar Abbas, Lahijan, Gonbad Kavous, Khorramshahr, Ardabil, Mahshahr, Bushehr, Chaboksar, Hamadan, Rasht, Babol, Neka, Sari, Bandar Anzali, Nishapur, and Sanandaj.
The timing is important because not only is it close to the first anniversary of the nationwide November uprising, when 1,500 protesters slaughtered in the streets by the regime. But it is also just days after legendary Iranian singer and regime critic Mohammad Reza Shajarian died and people were banned from going to his funeral by the regime.
Slogans of the MEK Resistance Units
- “We can and we must overthrow the dictator”
- “Down with the dictator, hail to freedom”
- “The regime prevents people from going to Shajarian’s funeral to remember his eternal sound, but we will commemorate him face to face with the dictator”
- “Dictators will die, but Shajarian will live forever.”
- “November 15 is a national and lasting day in Iran’s history”
- “Commemorate the martyrs of the November 2019 nationwide uprising”
- “Be prepared for the anniversary of the November 2019 uprising”
- “Down with the dictator [Supreme Leader Ali] Khamenei”
- “No to the Shah and the mullahs, the mullahs’ end is near”
- “Down with dictators, be it the Shah or the Supreme Leader”
- “The Supreme leader’s end is near”
- “We will not forget [protester and wrestler] Navid Afkari”
- “Maryam Rajavi strives for justice and freedom”
At the same time, the young people attacked the regime’s suppressive centers in Qom, Karaj Eslamshahr, Behbahan, and Mehrestan, including three bases of the IRGC Basij. The Basij is the force responsible for the violent suppression of the Iranian people. Burned images belont to Khamenei, and posters of Qassem Soleimani, the now-dead terrorist commander of the Quds Force.
The Iranian Resistance wrote: “These acts also show the futility of the regime’s efforts to contain the explosive state of the society through suppression and executions. The rebellious youth and the Resistance Units continue to manifest their desire to overthrow the regime despite the environment of repression.”