Iranians, NCRI and MEK supporters worldwide support Iran protest
Iranians and their supporters held rallies around the world over the weekend, in support of the ongoing Iran uprising. The exiled Iranians, alongside supporters of the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) and the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), gathered in Ottawa, Toronto, Oslo, Gothenburg, Malmo, Copenhagen and Arhus.
In NCRI and MEK supporters in Ottawa, they chanted:
- “Down with the mullahs’ regime principle”
- “Down with oppressors, be it the shah or [Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei]”
- “Jailed protesters must be released”
- “Down with Rouhani and Khamenei, Viva Democracy”
- “Yes to Rajavi, No to Khamenei! He’s a terrorist, he must go!”
- “Down with Khamenei, Down with Rouhani, Hail to Rajavi, Viva Freedom!”
These last two were references to Iranian Resistance leader Massoud Rajavi and NCRI President Maryam Rajavi.
The Toronto rally was fairly similar, with Iranians chanting
- “Down with Rouhani and Khamenei, Viva Rajavi!”
- “Yes to Rajavi, No to the mullahs! They are terrorists they must go!”
- “Down with Rouhani and Khamenei, Viva Democracy!”
- “This is the beginning of the end of this regime.”
- “We want neither a shah nor a leader, down with oppressors!”
- “Shah, Sultan, Velayat, your end is near!”
The final chants are references to the Shah who ruled Iran prior to the 1979 revolution and tell the world that, as the mullahs reach their final days, Iran has no desire to return to monarchical rule.
In Oslo, the NCRI and MEK supporters chanted their support for Resistance Units in Iran and their anti-regime activities, called for the release of jailed protesters, and showed support for Maryam Rajavi, who will bring freedom to Iran. They also chanted “Damn you Khomeini”, which is a reference to regime founder Ruhollah Khomeini, and called on Norway to “boycott the terrorist regime ruling Iran”.
At the event, the NCRI envoy in Nordic countries, Parviz Khazaee, said: “I promise you that the tide has immensely turned against the inhumane mullahs’ regime. Politically, economically, socially, culturally and especially ideologically, this regime is in a complete state of bankruptcy. You have seen that in the past few days, Rouhani, this devious figure who reached his post with vote-rigging and a lack of democracy, is now claiming to be a pro-democracy figure and describes the regime’s ‘elections’ as a sham and farce.”
In Gothenburg, Iranians chanted against Khamenei, noting that his hands are “drenched in the blood of Iranian youths” and explained that hard-working Iranians are being oppressed by the regime. They also supported the Iraqi uprising over Iranian interference in their country.
While in Malmo, Iranians chanted:
- “Each Iranian is chanting for democracy and freedom.”
- “Down with Khamenei and Rouhani!”
- “Regime change in Iran by the people of Iran!”
In Arhus, Denmark, Iranians chanted in support of the MEK and called for regime change in Iran by the people of Iran.