- OngoingStockholms tingsrätt Scheelegatan 7, 112 28 Stockholm, SwedenSeeking Justice for 1988 Massacre Daily Sit-Ins – Trial of Hamid Noury
For decades the Iranian regime preserved a red line: No talk, no tears, and no questioning what happened in Iranian prisons in the summer of 1988.
Based on a Fatwa, Khomeini, ordered the elimination of members and supporters of the MEK who stood loyal to their beliefs.30.000 were executed and buried in mass graves; history was told to forget their names. A crime, which has since then been called a ‘crime against humanity’ and ‘genocide’.
Hamid Noury, an assistant prosecutor during the mass executions, was arrested by the Swedish police in November 2019. According to numerous accounts, he had beaten, tortured and directed political prisoners to the gallows in 1988, and even kicked the chairs from under their feet when they were hanged.
After 18 months of investigation, the Swedish judiciary opened Hamid Noury’s trial in August. A verdict, the first of its kind, is expected in April 2022.
The families and victims of the 1988 massacre and the movement seeking an end to impunity and seeking justice for the ongoing crimes against humanity in Iran have been holding an ongoing sit-in throughout the court process, standing together in support of the victims but also show the world that silence and indifference in face of genocide is not an option Sit-in is held daily from 9am on days the court is held
For more information or interest in attending contact: [email protected]
Can’t attend in person? Follow the events daily on Iran freedom
- November 25 - December 10, 2021Online16 Days of Activism
The 16 Days of Activism is an annual international campaign that kicks off on 25 November, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, and runs until 10 December, Human Rights Day.
Human Rights Day marks the anniversary of the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by the UN, a milestone document that proclaimed the inalienable rights which everyone is entitled to as a human being.
The people in Iran, however, are deprived of their most basic rights due to the horrendous violations of human rights committed by the clerical regime ruling the country and the first and foremost victims of the clerical regime are women and girls.
During this years #16Days of activism, we will take to social media to echo the voice of the Iranian people.
- December 10, 2021TBAInternational Human Rights Day Rallies
The Iranian diaspora and human rights activist around the world will be taking to the streets to show their support and solidarity with the people of Iran and to call on the international community to stand for human rights in Iran
For events near you email: [email protected]
- December 10, 2021Worldwide on TwitterInternational Human Rights Day Tweet storm
This year’s Human Rights Day theme relates to 'Equality' and Article 1 of the UDHR – “All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.”
The principles of equality and non-discrimination are at the heart of human rights. While the world concentrates on reaching the 2030 UN agenda, we will be drawing attention to the dire human rights situation in Iran, where misogyny and discrimination are pillars of the mullahs rule
follow Iran Freedom on twitter for the latest with time and details
- World Day Against the Death PenaltyJoin us as we call for an end to the cycle of executions in Iran
The World Day Against the Death Penalty unifies the global abolitionist movement and mobilizes civil society, political leaders, lawyers, public opinion to support the call for universal abolition of capital punishment. To date, Iran is the world record holder in both executions per capita and execution of women and minors.On 10 October 2021, the World Day will be dedicated to women; those at risk of being sentenced to death, those who’ve received a death sentence, and those who have been executed. Join us online to take action. Follow and repost the social media campaign on Twitter and Instagram: #NoDeathPenalty & #StopExecutionsinIran
- Free Iran Global Summit 2021Day 1: The Democratic Alternative on the March to Victory – July 10Pro-democracy activists inside Iran, lawmakers, former senior government officials, distinguished personalities, and humanitarians and advocates from around the world will take action in solidarity with the Iranian people’s unflinching struggle for freedom.
- Free Iran Global Summit 2021Day 2: Europe-Arab World Stand with the Resistance – July 11Lawmakers, former senior government officials, distinguished personalities, and humanitarians and advocates from around the Europe and Arab countries and Middle East will take action in solidarity with the Iranian people’s unflinching struggle for freedom.
- Free Iran Global Summit 2021Day 3: Global Support for the Iranian People’s Uprising & the Democratic Alternative – July 12International support for the people and the Resistance in Iran focused on on human rights violations by the mullahs’ regime, the 1988 massacre of 30,000 political prisoners across Iran’s prisons, and the need to prosecute senior regime officials. This includes the Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, president-select Ebrahim Raisi, and Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Eje’i, the regime’s new judiciary chief.